Design automation of digital circuits and systems
The EDA (Electronic Design Automation) Group of the Control and Computer Engineering Department (DAUIN) has expertise in the wide are of the Design Automation of digital circuits and systems, with particular emphasis on their energy efficiency.
Specific activities involve techniques for their automated modeling, simulation, design and optimization.
The competences of the EDA Group map onto the area of interest of the PEIC Lab in that they have extended their techniques to larger scale Electrical Energy Systems (EES), where the modeling, simulation, design and optimization techniques have been applied to EES considering all dimensions of the 'energy chain', i.e., generation, storage, distribution, in addition to the traditional dimension involving the energy consumption.
A list of related projects is provided below:
- R2POWER300 – PREPARING R2 EXTENSIONS TO 300mm FOR BCD SMART POWER (JU ECSEL)
- APPROXIM@ACTION - Ultra-Low Energy wireless sensor nodes (EIT DIGITAL)
- DIMMER – DISTRICT INFORMATION MODELING AND MANAGEMENT FOR ENERGY REDUCTION
- TRIBUTE – TAKE THE ENERGY BILL BACK TO THE PROMISED BUILDING PERFORMANCE
- FLEXMETER – FLEXIBLE SMART METERING FOR MULTIPLE ENERGY VECTORS WITH ACTIVE PROSUMERS